Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Glory

What happened to us? 

Where did the Love go? 

When did it become about the money, fame, and glory? 

Where is His Glory? 

If you want glory, Glorify the only one worth of it, not you or anyone else but rather Him. 

He who died, and made that Glorius Sacrifice.
 

-SM

Malachi 1 : 6 - 7a

6 - "A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then I [God] am a father, where is my honor? And if I [God] am a master, where is my fear? says the Lord of hosts to you, O priests, who despise my name. But you say, 'How have we despised your name?'

 7a - By offering polluted food upon my altar..."


Basically my little poem came from me wandering what happened to us. We become so caught up in being known, or having the most stuff. In the words of Pastor James, "He who dies with the most toys, still dies." Give or take a few words there. But anyway what I get from that quote is you can own the world and all the money, but when you die and if you don't have God.. well you have nothing.

Then I started to think about how we accomplish things but don't give God Glory for it. We as people don't have a hard time talking to God when we need help or want something. But when we finally get what we want or figure out what was wrong, how many of us actually give God the Glory for it. I know I don't all the time. I have done stuff and taken credit for it, but looking back I know with all of me it really wasn't me at all. 

I'm just a 19 year-old kid trying to figure out life. How am I going to write a song, or poem to change someones life? I'm not.. I have typed stuff out that have helped people and I have talked to people and changed their heart, (Warning: Clique coming up)but it wasn't me it was all God. 

In fact all of this right here is God with a little bit of me mixed in..


So... Here goes nothing.. Here is Your Glory God....

The Scripture Verse just kinda went along with the poem, and I encourage anyone who reads this to read Malachi.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment